Monday, November 9, 2015

November 9, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

This week was a slow one for me. This week my companion and I have had a hard time. I felt that there was a disconnection between us. I felt that we were not communicating well and that a wall had been built between us. I was really worried this week about what I needed to do. Sometimes I would be waiting for my companion for many things like companion studies, wake up on the hour, at least speak. This week I started to see through other eyes. There was a talk in a past conference that talked about a missionary. One day his companion and him were riding bikes and he look back and his companion was walking. He was mad and asked the Lord why he had received a companion that didn’t want to work. Then the Lord responded back that the two were not very different from one another. I was really trying to help but I was trying to do it my way and not the Lord’s way. I am better and I am ready to work following the Lord’s way. My companion is also okay and he is better. We have talked a lot and we have made goals together about how we can be a better missionary pair. We are working hard. I am learning and growing every day.

This past week was crazy because we got hail. There was a lot of wind that was sooo strong it up rooted 25 foot tall trees. We are all okay but it was crazy that afternoon. Also this week, I have been trying to see what I can do to be better. I have learned so much from the Lord in these past few months that I am seeing a difference in the work. Right now my companion and I have three dates for baptism and we are working for more. Also there is a lot of movement in our ward and we are pushing for the work. All is well and I am trying to put photos on my email but they are not downloading fast enough.

Love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment