Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 3, 2015


Dear Family and Friends,
   Just a quick run down.  Life is going great.  The work is moving on.  It has started to rain this week about everyday and yeah it is refreshing!!!
   I had a neat experience this week.  This week my companion and I were eating açaí and a pastor sat down next to us and started asking a lot of targeted questions. He stopped, went to buy some acai and then my comp said a prayer and then the conversation began. I recognized that every time we bore our testimonies the pastor was confused in the way that he didn´t know how to counter our testimonies.   It was a very special experience. 
  This week, my companion and I have felt prompted that the work is going to go forward in a big way.  We know there are a lot of people the Lord has prepared to receive the gospel and we just have to make sure we find them.  We know the Lord loves these people and wants them to be happy with the gospel in their lives.  The members this week have really started to open up to us and we have seen a greater desire in them to help us share the gospel.  Our president is very happy with our work and we are pushing hard for a breakthrough in the work.  
    This week we had an interesting experience.  My companion and I passed by a recent convert’s house.  His wife is a member who left the church.  She is always drinking and smoking.   The recent convert told us that she was in the house and suggested that we could pass by and try to converse with her.  When we got there she was not there but another woman came out of the house drunk, she said that she was the mother of one member.  Also two more women came out of the house, one was the mother of the other. The two women that came out are from Bahia which is well known for Carnival and they were drunk.  They started saying things I never thought I would hear.  After the experience, I talked with Elder Francisco and we are both fine.  There are no problems but we realized that Satan was trying to put a block in our path and is trying to upset the work.  I say this was a miracle because it has given me a greater drive to baptize people and to be a worthy priesthood holder.  I know my responsibilities and I am happy to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints because I know the value of my choices and my standards.  Thank you for everything that you have taught me mom and dad.   I believe in the gospel and I have seen so many miracles and the power of God in my life this week.  I know that the Lord lives and that He does perform miracles. I know that the work will grow here and that the blessings will come.
Your son,
Elder Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment