Monday, September 7, 2015

Sept 7, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

So to start off I just want you all to know the Lord’s work is going forward. I was transferred and I am in the state of Goias in Brazil and my address is Quadra 87 Lote 17 Casa 2 in Lago Azul, Novo Gama de Goias. Thank you for your prayers. The Lord is answering them. Every day we are trying our best and Elder Roberto and I are starting to see a change in the ward members. A new plan we are implementing with the Lord’s help is starting to work to get the members involved more. Up until now our investigators are Cristiani who is dating a less active member named Antonio. Antonio is returning to church. They need to get married now so we can move forward with their teachings. Also, we have another family. They are Diego, Lidiane, and Nicolas. This is a family that wants to know more about the gospel. They are great and they also need to get married. Besides that we are encountering new people. I am really loving the work. We are having a wonderful experience and it looks like we will start to have some baptisms by the next transfer.

Today is Independence Day in Brazil. My email is short because we only have 30 minutes total today as the Lan house where we go to email is closing in a few minutes. This new area has been an experience. In my last area there was a person murdered close to our house and we saw what happened the next morning. Just the other day our apartment was broken into. Only one elder’s things were stolen which was a sad thing for him but a blessing they didn’t have enough time to go through the other 3 elders things. We are doing okay and continue to be safe with the Lord’s protection.

Again sorry this is so short, I will write more next week. Just a side note: I have learned to play the ukulele. It is a fun thing to play on P-Days. Elder Sifuentes is teaching me how to play.


Love you all,
Elder Ashton Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment