Monday, August 31, 2015

Transfers

Dear Family and Friends,

I have been transferred to a different area. I am training and opening an area. It is an amazing experience with all the ups and downs. When I started this transfer 4 weeks ago I was ready to rock and roll and just plow through our area. Then over the last 4 weeks things become a lot slower. Everyday my companion and I walked about 3-4 miles just to get to our area and then we start talking with people. It has been a very interesting journey when you have time on your hands to think about what you have to do. Everyday my companion and I have talked with 30 to 40 new people trying to help them see that the message that we have could change their lives. I think though the most enriching experience that I have had through this transfer is training my companion. Every day when I would train I would show my companion how to do the work and show him some hints. But for me it was a humbling experience. I realized I wasn’t training my companion every day he was training me. I am truly thankful for the blessings of a new companion because they have new ideas and when I told my companion to be original when he teaches, he just unloaded things I had never seen. He taught in different ways and the Spirit was more present than I have ever felt. My companion taught very simply because he doesn´t talk much at all.

Also this transfer there are 4 elders that are here. We have discovered that our ward has been having serious problems with the families in our ward. When we discovered this we created a plan and I have never seen the power of the Spirit work so quickly. We had a ward of dropping numbers of about 60 people that shot up these past weeks to 120 plus. The Lord works in many ways but we must be worthy to be His hands and to have the Spirit with us.

I am thankful for everyone and I know that the Lord lives and that He is knocking on our door. But the question is, are we willing to open it??


Until next week,
Elder Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment