Tuesday, October 13, 2015

October 13, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,
This week was great!  We had a great day as Shirley was baptized.  We are so excited for her!  Her life will be so much happier with the peace the gospel brings.  We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives.  We truly are.  To know of the truthfulness of the gospel is such a gift.  We need to make sure we are sharing it through word and deed so we can bring others to the happiness that it brings!

This week was hard for us to find new investigators and were are looking into new ways to reach the people of Formosa.  Also we were talking with our District President here and he is thinking about dividing our branch into two and he wants to become a stake and not a district.  We are growing.  Looks like we will be having 2 more baptisms the end of this week!  Please keep our investigators in your prayers. 

Sorry I didn’t write yesterday.  It was a National Holiday and we had to stay inside all day.   We have been working so hard this was a nice break. 

I am still pondering over Conference.  It was so GREAT!  From Elder Durrant’s talk about ponderizing, my scripture last week was 1 Nephi 15: 11 that says that if we remember what the Lord said and we ask in faith believing that we will receive and keep the commandments the things we ask will be made known unto us.   I love it!!  This week I am still deciding on my scripture.

Last minute things:  By the way, I did get the box and I didn’t get it.  It is at the escritorio (office) and I will have to wait 2 more weeks to really get it.  I am still running and loving it.  I will tell you that I had to get another pair of running shoes.  My others are dying and there are starting to hurt my feet. I bought a pair of Asicis and I tried to buy when the dollar was high.  It has already passed 4 reals here!!!

All in all I am doing great.  It is unbelievable that I have been in Brazil for 13 months.  The time is flying by which is hard to believe.  I love Brazil and the people.  They are all children of our Heavenly Father and they are so wonderful to be with.  I know I am supposed to be here and I am so happy.  I am so blessed.
   
Until next week,
Elder Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment