Monday, January 12, 2015

Jan 12

Hey Family and Friends,

So this was week six of my 3rd transfer and was it great! So this week I did a trade with my companion and he went to another area and I stayed but had a different companion that was from Peru. It was the coolest day ever because seriously I had no problem the entire day with my Portuguese and with teaching. I was amazed and I know that it was a blessing from the Lord and is a sign of his power when we act in faith and try to do His work.

To all I think it is amazing how it is such a small world. I have met two people here in my area that well I will explain. There is a man in the other ward that meets in our building that shared a story with me. He said, "I will never forget that name"Hoopes". I was baptized by a man with the name Hoopes. How exciting. Also I met an American that is married to a Brazilian and he is an English professor here. He said that he served with a Hoopes in Korea and that he was from Salt Lake. Mother, am I related to him??
I love being in this area and mission because everyday I am making new friends and it is great. It was really funny because today was transfers and my companion went to get some water. There were other elders that left and when we all came back in to the chapel the President asked us all to come up to the stage and we all were asked to sing I am a Child of God!!

This past week though on Saturday and Sunday I was sick. I had to stay in the house on Saturday because I had a massive migrane and my nose was so clogged. But all is better. Right now in Brazil it is very hot and it stinks being so sweaty. I am loving the life and I love being able to serve the Lord is a great honor. I am so glad that I got the opportunity to do so. I will continue to serve with all my heart, might, mind, and strength as said in Doctrine and Covenants 4. An invitation to all to read it and ponder over the meaning. I will add my testimony that the Field is White and is ready to harvest to help the people in this world come to know Christ and help others get more faith in Him.
Until next Monday, chow chow

Elder Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment